Tuesday, August 24

"Sleep, those little slices of death; Oh how I loathe them." -Edgar

My fingers are trembling under the weight of this keyboard.

Each keystroke is a betrayal of a memory that could not hope to be described in words. So I'll just say I am so grateful for every day, and every moment. Moreso than money or emotional bonds that we may forge with people, I believe that time is the most valuable commodity we have nestled in our fingertips or internal organs. Every second spent with a person is a second freely given and received. So happy 12:07pm on Tuesday August 2010. I hope the day finds you with a grin brewing in your skin.

Hawaii/Vegas/Nevada City/Madison/England/Madison/Hawaii/Madison

Watching my four nephews grow up has been by far the most spectacular ongoing event in the history of the world. Sorry primordial soup, stem cell research, and lolcats. Maybe next time.

Excluding stints at school in Utah and Wisconsin, I have lived in the same home my entire life. And now the action of coming back to Madison, having committed my life to this place, is both infinitely daunting and full of overwhelming joy. I really brought home with me this time. More moments given. More yet to be received.

Nor is the sea done with me. The tempests have different faces. Even though their rumblings are heard over the horizon they have the hideous habit and a sooty predisposition to sneak. I escape these witch trials alive, but not unscathed. The winds subside for now. But the sky is still an ink sink. I can smell this specific sneak thief as clean as rain. No physical description as of yet. Don't hold your breath.


But that being said I am still here. After everything this summer saying that is an accomplishment. I have found out that resting on your laurels will leave you rusted and cracked. It seems like something that I already should have learned, but hearing and knowing are different.

"We are the miracle of force and matter making itself over into imagination and will. Incredible. The Life Force experimenting with forms. You for one. Me for another. The Universe has shouted itself alive. We are one of the shouts."
-Ray Bradbury



What a choir.



And here is little Oli. The New Edition. He will be singing Candy Girl in no time.


Nicely Nicely.



-

No comments:

Post a Comment